CSCS Cards for Structured Network Engineers

CSCS Cards for Structured Network Engineers

We are often asked by engineers what they need to do to get a CSCS Card. There is a range of information on the CSCS website and some useful video on the CITB website.

What do Engineers Need?

Essentially, engineers need to hold a Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma and the complete the CSCS Health and Safety Test.

We do recommend that engineers work towards a Level 3 Diploma. This allows them to apply for CSCS Gold Card as a “Communications Installer” Engineers can look up this information on the CSCS website  – enter “Communications” into the Occupation box and it will bring up the options.

CSCS Gold Card Communication Installer

How do engineers get qualified?

You have probably worked in the industry for years and have manufacturer certificates or even some copper / fibre installer certificates but engineers need a Level 3 Diploma.

Our online course / ePortfolio allows engineers to build a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the competence needed to gain the Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence. The evidence required is a mixture of:

  • Videos
  • Method Statements
  • Risk Assessments
  • Work sheets
  • Online questions
  • Recognised prior learning (certificates from previous courses)

Engineers cover a number of different modules including:

  • Working with hardware and equipment
  • Fibre Technologies (if they are a fibre engineer)
  • Health & Safety
  • Testing (Fluke)
  • Understanding customer requirements

Please speak to us if you would like more information about the Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence

Telephone 01423 740006

Comments Are Closed!!!