The structured network engineer programme is designed for new or existing engineers who work within the data and telecoms industry. The programme covers all of the key elements that will make the individual highly skilled and knowledgeable in all areas of their structured cabling and information technology.
Typical Job Roles: Copper cable installer, fibre installer, structured network engineer
Length: 12-18 months
What is covered?
- Develop own professionalism
- Health and Safety
- Working with ICT Hardware and Equipment
- Copper Cable
- Fibre Telecoms
What is gained/achieved?
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Fibre & Copper
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- ECS Card – Advanced Datacomms Specialist
How is this course delivered?
- Classroom training
- Mentor support
This programme is assessed and portfolio evidence collected
Under 19 years old
Business has less than 50 employees – Free
Business has more than 50 employees – £75 per month for 12 months
Government Incentive – £500 paid to the employer at month 3 and £500 paid to the employer at month 12
19 years old or over
£75 per month for 12 months
Participants must be:
- Employed for at least 30 hours per week
- Have a contract of employment
- Be paid at least the minimum wage
- Not personally contribute to the cost of the programme
- Have the right to work in the UK
There is no age limit for this programme